Monday, October 28, 2019

Getting back into my love of photography...

Yes I still own my first camera.

Though I’ve been into photography since 1966 when I received my very first camera, a Kodak Instamatic X-15, I have over time realized that I really don’t know as much about cameras and taking great pictures as I would like.  I love taking all types of pictures, especially outdoor pictures.  Nature offers such a vast array of subjects just waiting to be photographed.  Over the years, I have gone from the above Kodak camera to a Canon T70 35mm to a Sony Digital point-and-shoot.  Each camera has been used quite a bit and I love each one.  The sad part is film for the Kodak Instamatic is no longer made that I am aware of.  It used a drop-in type of 35mm film.

Bought in 1984.
The Canon T70 uses 35mm film on a roll, which I can still find.  The downside of 35mm is having to take it some place, such as Walmart, to be developed.  The lens shown in the picture to your right is a 300mm telephoto lens.  I also own several other types of lenses for it, as well as several types of filters. 

A few years ago I "upgraded" to a Kodak point-and-shoot digital camera, which I no longer own. It was gifted to a minister in Eswantini, Africa.  The digital camera I use now is a Sony CyberShot, a point-and-shoot camera.  A digital camera makes it very convenient when you want to upload to FaceBook, Twitter or some other online site or for sending via texts.  

As of this writing, I am planning on getting a new digital camera, one that will use different size lenses like the Canon T70 I own.  I have a particular camera in mind, but am doing all kinds of research before I finally make up my mind.  There are several "bundles" on Amazon I'm looking at, but I can't make up my mind which one I want.  It is my plan to have it purchased before I attend the Lexington ComicCon the last weekend in March.

ISBN 978-0-07-175471-2
I am also reading "How To Do Everything Digital Photography" by Jason R. Rich, which has helped me a lot in what to look for.  It contains oodles of links to help with researching things I need/want to know.  If you are looking to learn more about digital photography, I highly recommend this book.  I got mine at my local library, but you can also find it on Amazon, both new and used.

One last photograph I'd like to share with you is a novelty 35mm camera I bought years ago.  It was one I just couldn't resist and though I didn't use it very much, I am so glad I bought it.  This, like the Kodak Instamatic, used a type of drop-in film, the difference being, instead of dropping the film into the back of the camera, you attached the camera to the film.

As I do more research on my newest addition of a dslr camera, I hope to share what I decide to buy, as well as what helped me to make my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment